You guys! I have a quick recipe to share with you and I’m pretty excited about it! I recently made this meal for myself without the intention of making it into a blog post. But then it turned out to be so delicious, that I decided I had to share it with you!
Do you have a ripe avocado lying around and are you trying to make sure you eat as many fresh cherry tomatoes as you can before the gardens have done their job for this year? Well I just brought you the perfect solution: The Sunny Side Up Quesadilla!!
This recipe is seriously easy to make. You get to re-use the same pan for the whole process (fewer dishes!! YAY!!), and since it has melted cheese in it, I would go as far as to say that this recipe could be considered a comfort food (not to mention the health benefits avocado, onions, and tomatoes offer). AND you can totally eat this for brunch, lunch or supper. See, the options are endless!
Now, you’re lucky that the weekend is coming up right away, which will give you all the time to get into the kitchen and make this sunny recipe! 😉 May it fill your stomach with joy and bring some sunshine into your home! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think about the quesadilla-egg combination. And please do share this recipe! Have a great weekend everyone!
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1/3 cup grated marbled-cheese
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 tsp. margarine (or butter)
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 2-3 tbsp. chunky salsa
- 5-8 assorted cherry tomatoes
- Place tortilla in a preheated non-stick pan, over medium-high heat. Sprinkle with cheese and top with second tortilla. Fry until cheese is melted and place on a plate.
- Cut onion into 1/4 inch thick slices and throw into the same pan along with 1 teaspoon margarine. Fry until browned. Set aside in a bowl.
- While the onions are frying, mash half an avocado with a fork, and cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Add another teaspoon of margarine to the pan. Crack an egg into it, frying it sunny side up until the egg white is completely cooked through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble the quesadilla, spread the mashed avocado on the warm quesadilla, top it with the fried onions, the egg, the salsa, and finally the cherry tomatoes. Enjoy!